Are you in need of urgent housing resources?
Habitat-Spokane’s homeownership housing programs are designed to serve homeowners and potential homebuyers who meet specific criteria. Partnering with Habitat for Humanity may take from 6 to 24-months. Before contacting us, we strongly encourage you to find out whether there are other programs and services that will meet your needs. The information linked will help you explore the full range of options available in the Spokane community.
Applicants who meet the homeownership criteria and are interested in Habitat’s homeownership program should contact our Homeowner Services department at (509) 534-2552 or email email@example.com. Visit our Events calendar on our website to see a list of upcoming Homeownership Informational meetings.
RESOURCES FOR: FORECLOSURE & COUNSELING
Housing counselors and legal assistance may be available at little or no cost to you. If you would like assistance in determining your rights and opportunities to keep your house, you may contact the following:
1. THE STATEWIDE FORECLOSURE HOTLINE FOR ASSISTANCE AND REFERRAL TO HOUSING COUNSELORS RECOMMENDED BY THE HOUSING FINANCE COMMISSION
Telephone: 1-877-894-HOME (4663)
2. THE UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF HOUSING AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT
3. THE STATEWIDE CIVIL LEGAL AID HOTLINE FOR ASSISTANCE AND REFERRALS TO OTHER HOUSING COUNSELORS AND ATTORNEYS
4. HABITAT-SPOKANE HOMEOWNERS CAN CONTACT HABITAT FOR HUMANITY-SPOKANE FAMILY SERVICES DEPARTMENT
Collect and be prepared to present the following financial documents:
• Pay stubs.
• Benefit statements from Social Security, disability, unemployment, retirement or public assistance.
• Most recent tax return.
• List of assets, including the amount owed and the value (home, other real estate, retirement funds, investments, checking account, savings account, automobile, other).
• Amount of monthly income.
• List of expenses and monthly amount owed (mortgage, auto payment, auto insurance, auto fuel/repairs, credit card payments, child support/alimony, day care/tuition, food, utilities, medical, phone, cable TV, entertainment, other, etc.)