The Store Ambassador works at the Habitat Store either Monday-Friday or Tuesday-Saturday in the following capacities as needed: Drives truck with capacity under 3 tons to transport donated materials from specified destinations such as plants, residences, offices, or within industrial yards to The Habitat Store, receives donations at back dock, warehouse work including stocking shelves, customer service and running cash register and builds relationships with donors, vendors, customers and volunteers by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Verifies load against shipping papers and helps coordinate pick-ups.
- Drives truck to destinations.
- Provide excellent customer service to donors, volunteers and customers.
- Evaluates donated items for The Habitat Store per acceptance criteria and screening for product usability
- Prepares in-kind donation receipts for loads picked up and turn them into Warehouse Manager at the end of each day
- Maintains truck log according to state and federal regulations
- Maintains telephone or radio contact with Warehouse to receive delivery instructions.
- Communicating with Warehouse Manager regarding incoming donations
- Loads and unloads truck.
- Inspects truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water and picks up needed supplies for routine maintenance on truck.
- Responsible for scheduling pick-ups per working with the Warehouse Manager
- Assisting Habitat Store staff where needed
- Maintain an effective working relationship with Habitat staff, volunteers, Habitat partner families and customers.
- Works with volunteers
- Records prices and departments, subtotals taxable items, and totals purchases on cash register as needed
- Collects cash or charge payment from customer and makes change for cash transactions when needed
- Stocks shelves and marks prices on items in accordance with store policies.
- Counts money in cash drawer at the beginning and end of work shift when operating the cash register as needed
- Records daily transaction amounts from cash register to balance cash drawer when operating the cash register as needed
- Weighs items, bags merchandise, assist customers in locating and handling product, as required.
- Answer Customer questions in a timely and positive manner.
- Promotes the Habitat Store as an opportunity for donating, shopping and volunteering
- Promotes the mission of Habitat for Humanity-Spokane to customers, donors, volunteers and the community
- Attends Habitat-Spokane events as required
High School Diploma or GED required plus 1 year customer service/warehouse experience preferred.
Please submit your completed application, your resume and a cover letter to: email@example.com