Help Habitat on #Giving Tuesday
#GivingTuesday is a global giving movement that has been built by individuals, families, organizations, businesses and communities in countries around the world. Millions of people have come together to support and champion the causes they believe in and the communities in which they live.
Why give to Habitat-Spokane?
- Your gift will help ensure that three more families will get to move in to their homes by the holidays.
- The current vacancy rate for affordable housing in Spokane is at 1.7%. The need is urgent for safe, decent and affordable housing.
- The average Habitat homeowner pays less than $400 annually for utilities as well as an affordable mortgage. Less money in monthly living expenses equals more money to spend on building a better future.
- Children of homeowners are 25% more likely to graduate form high school and 115% more likely to graduate from college – affordable housing increases the amount families can put toward savings for the future.
- Future homeowners invest 500 hours of sweat equity building their home and the homes of their future neighbors. That’s the equivalent of 12.5 40-hour-work-weeks.
- A gift to Habitat is an investment in your community.
- 74% of all Habitat families have improved overall health since moving into their home.
- $0.81 of every $1 goes directly to Habitat-Spokane families to build a safe, affordable place to call home.
Please give your most generous gift today.Donate