Habitat-Spokane values your commitment as one of our dedicated partners, and we want to assure you that the safety and health of our employees, customers, homeowners, donors, partners and volunteers are our highest priorities.
To help mitigate the impact of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in our community, the Atlanta leadership team–with guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), other health officials, and Washington Governor Jay Inslee–has taken the proactive and unprecedented step of suspending most operational activities including volunteer opportunities, construction, homeowner education programs, meetings and events.
Also, our offices and Habitat Store will be closed from March 17 through at least March 31, 2020. Atlanta Habitat staff who can do so will be working remotely during this time.
During this time, staff will be adjusting and reviewing operations, in particular, our construction and volunteer program with the goal of meeting or exceeding current protocols advised by the CDC and Washington Department of Public Health.
Once we resume operations, these and other health and safety practices will be implemented and enforced:
- mobile handwash stations at build-sites and hand sanitizers distributed to everyone on the build-sites
- hand sanitizing stations at our offices and Store
- health hygiene instructions and CDC facts posted in public spaces
- additional health and safety instructions included in safety speeches at build-sites
- sanitization of our work materials (tools, equipment, tables, etc.)
- social distancing—
- no public access to our campus (offices, meeting rooms, warehouse)
- limited number of build volunteers to allow for proper spacing (2- to 6-feet)
- video conferencing instead of in-person meetings
- essential in-person meetings with a very limited number of employees and proper spacing
We look forward to resuming operations, promoting affordable homeownership and revitalizing neighborhoods for families as soon as it is possible to do so.
Thank you for your continued commitment to Habitat-Spokane.
Michelle Girardot – CEO
Habitat for Humanity-Spokane