NEED HOUSING NOW? Click here!
RESOURCES FOR: FORECLOSURE & COUNSELING
Housing counselors and legal assistance may be available at little or no cost to you. If you would like assistance in determining your rights and opportunities to keep your house, you may contact the following:
1. THE STATEWIDE FORECLOSURE HOTLINE FOR ASSISTANCE AND REFERRAL TO HOUSING COUNSELORS RECOMMENDED BY THE HOUSING FINANCE COMMISSION
Telephone: 1-877-894-HOME (4663)
2. THE UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF HOUSING AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT
3. THE STATEWIDE CIVIL LEGAL AID HOTLINE FOR ASSISTANCE AND REFERRALS TO OTHER HOUSING COUNSELORS AND ATTORNEYS
4. HABITAT-SPOKANE HOMEOWNERS CAN CONTACT HABITAT FOR HUMANITY-SPOKANE FAMILY SERVICES DEPARTMENT
Collect and be prepared to present the following financial documents:
• Pay stubs.
• Benefit statements from Social Security, disability, unemployment, retirement or public assistance.
• Most recent tax return.
• List of assets, including the amount owed and the value (home, other real estate, retirement funds, investments, checking account, savings account, automobile, other).
• Amount of monthly income.
• List of expenses and monthly amount owed (mortgage, auto payment, auto insurance, auto fuel/repairs, credit card payments, child support/alimony, day care/tuition, food, utilities, medical, phone, cable TV, entertainment, other, etc.)